27 million slaves exist in our world today. 27 million human beings are stripped of basic rights, opportunities, and freedoms. 27 million people are bound by socially accepted stratification systems that allow for sex slavery and debt-bondage. 27 million slaves bear the image of a God who loves them and works toward their liberation and restoration.
My mind cannot wrap around this number. And yet.
27 million people voted for American Idol last night.
My mind cannot wrap around this number. And yet. A fleeting thought: what would happen if the 27 million people with access to social media, resources, and leisure time used their liberty to promote the freedom of our 27 million enslaved?
My mind cannot wrap around this number.
“I am only one, but I am one. I can't do everything, but I can do something. The something I ought to do, I can do. And by the grace of God, I will.” - edward everett hales
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment