4/30/09

weary in body & mind, well in spirit

My body hurts—it may have something to do with climbing a challenge course yesterday that was not designed for “shorter” people (ha). The overworked muscles and welts and bruises all over my body, though, are not the only sources of hurt. I am just coming away from an exam that I was not prepared for, which sapped up what little mental energy I could muster at 7:30 in the morning after not getting much sleep last night...or this week. I wish I could say today there would be some relief but, with 90 pages of written work due between today and Tuesday (and a pretty significant presentation stuck somewhere in the middle!) I think the less-than-enough-sleep-filled nights will continue for a bit. I am more than ready for graduation at this point, plan or no plan (although a plan is in the works!) and I am ready to be committed to finding “sustainable living” in the real world—no more of this living exam to exam, between papers, squeezing in important people when I can afford the time. No, no. I am ready for new challenges and new priorities. Life is too short to be consumed by silly papers and assignments. For now, though, you can find me in the library—willing to take breaks for walks, coffee, prayer, and maybe a phone-call or two. Ah what a day it will be to again be people-centered and not paper-centered. Till then--