I’m not afraid to say I don’t know [what to do]” --Denison Witmer sings good things, yes.
I’ve been home. And it’s especially sweet to return to my childhood memories and family and traditions during the holidays. I’ve learned to love the comings and goings and returns and rediscoveries.
I’m getting plenty of sleep, I had a happy Christmas, I am spending much time with my parents and Doug, and things will speed up a little starting this weekend with family festivities, a wedding, and other events.
My life in numbers has been:
49 - the number of Christmas cards I wrote and mailed.
16 - the number of trays of Weaver Christmas cookies I helped assemble.
4 - the number of books I am trying to read before going back to school.
18 - the number of filled journals I rediscovered and have been skimming from my childhood & beyond.
7 - the number of glass necklaces I’ve made.
13 - the number of times people asked me what I was going to do after graduation (in the last four days only)
5 - the number of movies I’ve watched with Doug.
5 - the number of beautiful colored pictures my SoJo family sent me.
4 - the number of applications I am working on for next year.
3 - the number of times I fish-tailed in the snow.
3 - the (average) number of cookies I consume daily - yikes.
9 - the number of the verse in Isaiah 45 that I really like right now.
1 - the number of times I successfully made latkas, Koinonia granola, & Indian roti.
12 - the number of times I listened to Sufjan Steven’s “Songs for Christmas, Vol. V: Peace!”