This week has been bursting with new and different things. Here are the basics of basics:
1 - The geese are flying south.
2 - I quit my job at Midtown Scholar. Something had to give. One more source of freedom.
3 - Mission Awareness Week led me to have some pretty interesting conversations about some real possibilities for next year.
4 - My computer is fixed. After losing thousands of pictures, I will never put my faith in a piece of plastic and metal again.
5 - Burma things are coming along. New and exciting, always!
6 - At a Career and Grad School Expo (overwhelming!), I met a guy who cares about Burma and a girl who made me aware of a program involving Mission Year & Eastern University...that I may or may not be interested in.
7 - Dawn had a baby girl! Congrats! I CANNOT wait to meet Anna Leah :)
8 - My housemates and I celebrated Julie’s first home swim meet ever in the history of Messiah College! Go Falcons! (yes, I do have a little school spirit somewhere in me).
9 - Obama is in. I’m hopeful, but I’ve never been willing to pin all my hopes on one guy and I’m not intending to now. Ready to continue participating in this change we talk a lot about.
10 - Dear dear friends P’Jips & P’Maw--older sisters, jokesters, Thai cooks, Nursing professors--have left. I have spent so much time with those two funny ladies, getting lost, cooking for way too many people, and having “English class” in random locations. I’m going to miss them and their presence in my life tremendously.
Getting back to the basics, in ways.