12/6/07

you can't jump the tracks

...we’re like cars on a cable. life’s like an hourglass glued to the table, no one can find the rewind button girl, so cradle your head in your hands and breathe...just breathe.

*

I cannot believe that this semester is ending already. I’ve always believed that life moves really fast, especially in college, but this semester has SPED by me. As I’m trying to catch my breath and figure out where all of the time went, I’m looking back on some of the best months of my life, in all of the crazy busyness. Philly won me over; I have learned to love the rhythm here...and it’s not going to make the upcoming transitions into other amazing things any easier. I feel genuinely blessed to have had this experience and it’s very possible that this will not be the last time I live in Philly...we’ll see what God thinks, always most importantly.

To sum it up, I learned so many things this semester in Philly:

beta fish and the other kinds do NOT eat the same kind of food.

it’s almost always better to give others the benefit of the doubt...even strangers on the street.

i have a particular newfound love for falafel.

jesus is in the brokenness.

others change just as much as i do.

rest is not idleness.

the express train northbound to fern rock will never take me where i need to go.

death will always come before life; brokenness must always come before healing; pain needs to happen before we can feel the depth of joy.

i can learn something from everyone.

i can live in a city.

i have an obsession with looking up lyrics for songs.

sharing is always the best. always.

it’s been good. i’m going to miss Philly, and everyone who has made it worth it for me.

*

Anticipating the holidays, family-time, reading for FUN, baking cookies, knitting scarves, catching up with old friends, sleeping for extended periods of time, and in a month tomorrow . . . . . . THAILAND.

wow.

I am blessed to be a witness of this beautiful, colorful, God-filled world.

No comments:

Post a Comment