12/23/07

home.

I've been home for some time now...and it feels good. The days are starting to run together and I'm having a hard time remembering what happened when. I'm still compensating for all of the sleep I missed this semester, which makes me feel like I am coming out of a coma when I wake up in the morning. These days at home are always good in the way that I get the rest that I need, but they bring additional challenges because I often feel my deepest restlessness when I'm at home. But, I am trying not to wish away these precious days I have here with these people who love me and know me because soon enough, I'll be gone again.

My life, as of late, feels like a series of comings and goings. And I like it. I can satisfy my hunger for something new everywhere I go. I recognize that "real life", which I've been giving much thought to these days (like what the heck I want to do with my sociology degree once I graduate), will not be like this. I'm almost always excited and hopeful for what's next; sometimes I wish I could have a sneak-peek at what's to come, but I live with the confidence that it will be good. And I'm hoping that when the time comes for next steps and new experiences, I will be attentive to God's soft voice and be bold and humble enough to follow through.

For now, I'm going to THAILAND, land that I love...in TWO WEEKS.

trustinglisteninganticipating.