“To be certain of God means we are uncertain in all our ways, we do not know what a day may bring forth... We are uncertain of the next step, but we are certain of God... We are not uncertain of God, but uncertain of what [God] is going to do next... Leave the whole thing to [God], it is gloriously uncertain how [God] will come in, but [God] will come.”
Oswald Chambers.
I want to be on my knees, in a position of readiness and surrender and listening. Should God wake me up tomorrow morning and tell me to sell everything I have to buy a plane ticket to Thailand and go, I want to be prepared to pick up my cross and carry it to Bangkok. There is a freedom in being completely ready to go and do and be when the Spirit invites us to go and do and be. God has put this readiness on my heart -- Be ready. For something. For anything! And so, I’m sitting on the edge of my chair, waiting and praying with expectancy and hope, not knowing . Life is such an adventure!
And then, the same Voice tells me again, be ready. It is quieter this time. Be ready. Be ready to stay and to wait. Be ready to let go of anything. Be ready to pray and fast in earnest for a team to go to Bangkok even if you are not to be part of it. Be ready, even if it’s not now. Be ready, even if it’s not ever. The Voice is gentle, but the words bring the sadness that sometimes comes when we are like Abraham with our sons.
I cannot know what God will do with my desire to be part of good work in Thailand, to get into God’s heart of compassion and justice for the disempowered women and children there, but I can learn to be at the ready -- ready to go, ready to stay, ready for the adventure, ready for the sacrifice. The rest is just detail?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment