2/3/10

doppleganger schmoppleganger

I am usually behind on things, but for this new doppleganger phenomenon, I am pleased (or timid) to admit I am at least within the same year. Everyone has been posting pictures of their dopplegangers on facebook--famous people that others have said you resemble. I have had my share of dopplegangers in the past. When I was in high school, I had two friends and one stranger independently tell me I reminded them of Reese Witherspoon. I tried not to be offended. Three years later, when I thought I had outgrown this outrageous comparison, I was volunteering at a clinic in North Philadelphia and a woman swore that I was Reese and asked me about my upcoming movie. I've never been able to see the resemblance. Can you?


More recently, people have said that I look like Haley James from a TV show called One Tree Hill. I have never been good at following pop culture and for the longest time was not able to figure out who she was. This, friends, is Haley. Likeness? Not sure. Although I do make this face often.

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiPuBFvojti175kdaYbphmcRExpQ4gKC2zhU-GUZXWt65DHyEuzlfQz_1IH04FdSTQgjyByLufqgq5cxj3QG4OLg5KmhGanLt_CS2GxSfEB8TS7Qp0Z0mjrv6gp1bv_ZHYQZ-3sFBSz1Ko/s1600-h/001.png">
My last debatable doppleganger is JJ Heller. I had never heard of her. Last year, I was sitting in a cafe when someone walked by and started whispering to her friend. She then asked if I was JJ Heller and could she have my autograph. I am not JJ Heller, but it turns out she's a great singer, so I am most okay with this comparison. Still, though, I don't see how we look alike. Do you?

Please note: Danielle, this is mostly for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment