5/11/09

here it is: relocation

"Relocation to the abandoned places of empire" is the first of the 12 marks of the new monasticism. It’s been on my mind a lot lately for two reason: 1) I have always sensed that uprooting and movement is going to be part of my journey and 2) I will be relocating soon--but where? Regardless of who I am with or what I am doing, where am I going? What is the abandoned place that Jesus is uncovering for me right now? After some prayer and hard thinking and much conversation with my roommate Amanda who shares this desire and vision, we’ve decided to relocate to Allison Hill, where I will be within walking distance of all my refugee friends, just down the street from my church. I am committing to this for the summer and I will be spending most of my time at Joshua Farm, getting dirty while growing vegetables and experiencing summer, hanging out with my refugee friends, spending time with the people that matter most to me (you know who you are), getting to know my neighbors, and living off the goodness of organic vegetables and the grace of God.

"for all that has been, thank you.
for all that is to come, yes."

--A small but mighty yes out of thanks indeed!