It feels good--and then also really really hard--to be back on campus. I miss the unknowns around every corner in Philly and in each market in Thailand, but it feels good to be around many familiar faces. Classes are picking up, and I’m excited about the great profs I have and discussions I’ll have...but I’m also wishing I had the days back when priorities were easier to make (and keep) and life was in general simpler and I was less committed to lots of extras. I find myself fighting--even now!--the tendency to commit to too many things, people, activities. I don’t want to be the girl who has just enough time to say hi but will be running off to something else. I want to have time for the things that matter. The sacrifices are weighty, but I think they’re worth it.
I love my house. And that the backyard is cornfields! And that the living room is flooded with early morning sunshine. And I love my housemates. And that, already, they are SUCH a source of support for me. And that they're goofy...or at least they let me be goofy. And I love that I get to ride my bike to class. And that we have lovely neighbors who like to bake us things. Things are looking pretty promising.
Meet my housemates! (left to right) Emily, Heather, Amanda, Julie, Christy :)

