I have had to tell myself these words over and over again in these last few days. It's funny how God has been bringing worship songs to my mind repeatedly throughout these rather difficult experiences. I don't have much time to write, as usual, but I did want to catch you up to speed on some of what has gone on in these last few days.
We flew to Chiang Rai a few days ago and stayed in a Khmu village (which is an indigenous people group in northern thailand). We slept in a grass hut and essentially did some prayer ministry over people who were sick and for the local pastor and his family and their vision for growing their church. We also visited another small village nearby and did a spontaneous kids club (really, we just played games with a billion little kids who were just hangingout). The poverty here is mind-boggling and is slowly eating away at me. And there is so much spiritual darkness. One village that we visited yesterday had so many people who worshipped spirits...and there were several people we encountered who are tormented by spirits. I have never experienced such palpable spiritual warfare before in my life. BUT as much as there is oppression and darkness here, God is certianly revealing Himself in so many incredible ways and outrageous things are happening! Continue to pray for the local Christians here and the missionaries. There is so much need here in these poor villages, and it's crazy the kind of faith they have. I have been humbled and inspired by these courageous Christians.
Today, we were able to go to Laos and Burma (we took a half day for shopping, touring) and the poverty just across the border of Burma is sickening. The empty look in the eyes of three-year-old beggars makes me feel physically sick. There are so many crippled people crawling around there are so many people in general. There are lots of prayer needs in this area that I can't get into right now...but PLEASE PRAY.
On a lighter note, I RODE AN ELEPHANT!! - now my life is complete JUST KIDDING.
Okay, well I have to go now, but continue to pray for Thailand and Burma and Laos and all the Christians here and all of the people who have yet to hear about Jesus. And please keep me in your prayers! THANK YOU FOR CARING AND PRAYING! I will hopefully give a more detailed account of things going on here in a couple days. I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH and i miss you.
Blessings,
desiree
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment