I'm home from Puerto Rico, as of late last night. It was a wonderful trip and a beautiful country and I'm so glad I had the chance to spend that time with the fam before being away for the majority of this upcoming year.
Tomorrow, I'm leaving for California for training before Thailand (!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and I'm excited to FINALLY meet all of the people on my team. It really is humbling to finally be here, in between things, getting ready to take a step into something I've never done before. Things like this, for me, are always accompanied with a deep-seated nausea for the first couple of days. I think it's mainly because of big changes, but it almost always happens every time I choose to be challenged in a really uncomfortable, strange experience/place. Regardless, there is no doubt in my mind that this is where I'm supposed to be this summer. God has always been faithful to me, despite my tendency to fail in that area, so I'm glad He's with me on this trip (and always!).
So far, I'm not feeling overwhelmed with all of this. I'm taking today and delighting in it :)
What I AM feeling overwhelmed with is the amount of support and love and encouragement I have been receiving from all of YOU! For these last several weeks (and more specifically, days!) I have gotten so many emails and phonecalls and messages and letters reminding me that I am covered in prayer for the adventure God is taking me on in Thailand. THANK YOU so much for your prayers and your love and your friendship! Perhaps it's pointless to speak so directly to you here, but I have just been reminded lately that I have so many beautiful people in my life, and I am so grateful to God who works these things out...so, thank you..
The jewelry experiment I launched about a month ago turned out to be such a huge blessing! The amount of people who have expressed interest in learning about slavery (and wearing cool earrings!) has blown me away! Although Beads with a Purpose will pause for these next few weeks I'm away, I'll be picking things up again in the fall, for those of you who wanted to know! :)
Well, this is all for now...I'll hopefully have the chance to write one more quick update before I leave for Thailand!
Blessings,
Deseada
"There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." -Anais Nin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment